Monday, July 25, 2011

finally crawling out of my hobbit hole

I love kids... I love teaching... and I love working at Rock & Roll After School... but the past two weeks of summer camp have really worn me out!! Between camp, my R&RAS students and my private students, I've spent over 120 hours teaching in the past two weeks alone. What's reassuring about my career choice is the fact that I'm still looking forward to my next lesson that starts in about 2 hours. If 60 hour weeks with electric guitar-wielding children don't burn me out, I don't know what will!

For those of you who didn't know, I also got engaged to the lovely Lauren Vasellas two weeks ago! I write for days about that, but since this posting is SUPPOSED to be for my music, I'll summarize by just typing  ":-)".

In other, slightly less exciting news (comparatively speaking haha), I'll be playing some HUGE shows with Panic Years in the next few weeks. The weekend of the August 5th is going to be a blast, since we're playing live on the air for RADIO 104.5 LIVE AT FIVE on Friday the 5th, as well as the RADIO 104.5 SUMMER BLOCK PARTY on the 6th. We'll be opening for The Airborne Toxic Event and The Naked & Famous. They're expecting 4,000-5,000 people to be there, so without a doubt that will be a great time! It's free AND all-ages, so if you're anywhere remotely in the Philadelphia region, you should come out!

The Day Life is having our EP release party at Triumph in New Hope on August 12th with our good buddies Cheers Elephant. Good music, good people, good beer... I'd go even if I wasn't playing! We have some other big news coming up soon, but things are still hush-hush for another few weeks. Sorry to be secretive, but it will be worth the wait if everything works out...

I'll be recording with Julie Slick next week, putting together a duo EP. The following week, Julie and I will also be recording with Mike Lorenz. Julie will be engineering the session, but I'll probably end up trying to convince her to play on a track.

Finally, I'll be playing one more big show with Panic Years, this time at the Theater of the Living Arts on Saturday, August 27th. We'll be opening for The Damned Things, who I've never heard of until about two weeks ago: it turns out it's a supergroup with Scott Ian from Anthrax, some guys from Fallout Boy, and one of the members of Everytime I Die. I know you're probably thinking "what the..." and trust me, I'm just as curious to see what THAT is going to sound like!

Sorry for the lengthy post, but August is definitely going to be a big month! If I don't see you at the Mi Hed Ur Hed show at Kung Fu Necktie tonight, I'll hopefully see you soon!

Til then,
Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment